Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Far Side of the Moon > Brighton Lounge
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Brighton Lounge General off-topic discussions. Political or religious topics may only be posted in The Basement forum.

Old 08-29-2008, 11:49 AM   #16
TSPenguin
The Seeker

I can also recommend the Pink Floyd movie The Wall.
TSPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 12:40 PM   #17
Chipstone306
Orbinaut

Velvet Revolver, Neil Young.....WHO is coming to Halifax in November and I have tickets to!, Tragically Hip.
Chipstone306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 12:52 PM   #18
Poscik
Addon Developer

Generally I'm listening to Club Music. I have over 1500 tracks and a lot of new works. What I can recommend?
Liz Kay - True Faith (Samuraj Extended Remix) -> new version of old New Order's song. Very nice with very nice vocal.
Poscik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 12:57 PM   #19
Jarvitš
Orbinaut

I love folk rock and power metal, right now I mostly listen to Gregorian, Tanzwut, Fintroll, In Extremo and Manowar.
Jarvitš is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 01:03 PM   #20
razgriz31m
God

britney spears?! LOL
razgriz31m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 01:32 PM   #21
GregBurch
Donator

The most likely thing passing through my ears would be Zappa or Bach (the two greatest composers of all time), with Miles Davis, John McLaughlin, Herbie Hancock, Ravi Shankar or Thelonius Monk being in the second rank. Recently, I've also really been enjoying the more current Amy Mann records -- great music, a great voice and she's an excellent lyricist. But the only kind of music I really don't enjoy is mainstream country music -- I'm pretty sure it causes organic brain damage.
GregBurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 01:42 PM   #22
simonpro
Beta Tester

When I visited INL I was seriously perturbed by the size of the country music section in the shops around there.
simonpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 05:32 PM   #23
n122vu
Addon Developer

A little of everything, from Mozart to Metallica, including but not limited to: Boston, Journey, Aerosmith, Bob Seger, Whitesnake, Tom Petty, Guns 'N' Roses, Styx, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, ELO, AC/DC, Daughtry, Weezer, Nirvana, Saigon Kick, Creed, Jimmy Buffett, Lacuna Coil, Nightwish, Savatage, Weird Al, Uncle Kracker, Tesla, and on and on......
n122vu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 05:32 PM   #24
Kveldulf
Orbinaut

On my playlist right now (in no real order):

Amon Amarth, Blind Guardian, Ensiferum, Einherjer, Eluveitie, Turisas, Tyr, Moonsorrow, Nightwish, Tristania, and Sirenia. Pandora has given me a few other bands that I've liked, but I cant remember them all off the top of my head.
Kveldulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 08:16 PM   #25
Master of Blades
Orbinaut

Currently The Casualties, Lower Class Brats, The Exploited and Copyright Chaos, among others..
Master of Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 09:03 PM   #26
Messierhunter
Orbinaut

Solas, Bothy Band, Altan, Andy Hunter, Red Shift Mantra, Falling Up, Fireflight, and The High Kings (celtic fans should eviscerate me for that last one).

I can't stand Pink Floyd, partly because I had the misfortune of having to play the music as a laser show at a science center. The younger crowd complained that it was too soft, the older crowd filed complaints against me for having it too loud, it was a no-win scenario and all the while the upper managment was just looking for an excuse to fire me. We offered free ear plugs and cranked it nearly to the legal limit with our imax sound system, but we still couldn't satisfy either group. Either they wanted to be completely deaf by the end of the show or they thought they were going to a classical music concert. I was rejoicing the day we closed the show and shipped all the equipment back.
Messierhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 10:57 PM   #27
Andy44
owner: Oil Creek Astronautix

I would be one of the ones telling you to turn it up.
Andy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 12:59 AM   #28
Arrowstar
Probenaut

I'll have some 3 Doors Down playing momentarily.
Arrowstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 01:13 AM   #29
gimp1992
Orbinaut

Sex Pistols, REM, The Beatles
gimp1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 02:34 AM   #30
W35M4N
Unregistered Non-User

Lately a lot of stoner rock/ stoner metal, like Kyuss, Fu Manchu, Queens of the Stone Age (my avatar), Slo Burn, Hermano, and Unida. Though I also listen to Nine Inch Nails, Death From Above 1979, and some more techno stuff like Daft Punk and Aphex Twin on occasion. I have an MP3 of a QotSA performance of "The Bronze" fomr the 2001 Bizzare Festival in Weeze, Germany and its freakin' good. I might put in on youtube sometime.
W35M4N is offline   Reply With Quote

Orbiter-Forum > Far Side of the Moon > Brighton Lounge