Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Far Side of the Moon > Brighton Lounge
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Brighton Lounge General off-topic discussions. Political or religious topics may only be posted in The Basement forum.

Old 08-29-2008, 03:30 AM   #1
joeybigO
can't get in a word edgewise

Default What music are you listening to?

Currently in my playlists are:

Proyecto 1
U2
Alejandro Sanz
Powerman 5000

Just wondering what people listen to.
joeybigO is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 08-29-2008, 03:38 AM   #2
Andy44
owner: Oil Creek Astronautix

Well, I've been on an extended Pink Floyd kick for many months, now. I also have been listening to Radiohead and the new Portishead, which really has grown on me. (I guess I should listen to Motorhead, too. Anyone know any other groups with "head" in the name?)

When I'm online I usually listen to www.pandora.com, where I have several different channels. Lately I've been listening to a hip hop channel which I custom-made by entering the search term "Black Elvis" (a song by Kool Keith), which yielded a bunch of 90's underground rap.

Despite being a college student in the 90s, I missed out on a lot of pop culture, and it always takes a few years for me to catch up with underground stuff.
Andy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 08-29-2008, 03:38 AM   #3
Tex
O-F Administrator

Currently jammin Ministry of Sound Trance Nation America and some Paul Oakenfold.
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 03:40 AM   #4
Andy44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
 Currently jammin Ministry of Sound Trance Nation America and some Paul Oakenfold.
Cool. I like the Oakenfold song played during the end credits of the first X-Files movie and wound up buying the CD.
Old 08-29-2008, 03:41 AM   #5
Tex
O-F Administrator

Which song/CD was that Andy?
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 03:43 AM   #6
TSPenguin
The Seeker

Currently I have "Moby - God Moving over the Face of the Waters" in a heavy rotation/repeat/loop. Meaning it runs for ~6 hours and every time I am remembered of how good a movie heat is.

Otherwise I am always good for some Pink Floyd. Lately I have been listening mostly to Daft Punk and some underground dutch hardcore/terror I ripped off this awesome stream a few years ago.
TSPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 03:46 AM   #7
nbh
Orbinaut

Most of the time I have been listening to Eric Clapton.
nbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 04:18 AM   #8
Andy44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
 Which song/CD was that Andy?
Oops, my mistake! It was Teotihuacan by Noel Gallagher:

http://www.amazon.com/X-Files-Album-Fight-Future/dp/B000006OAQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1219983259&sr=1-2

Overall a pretty good CD. One More Murder by Better Than Ezra (remember them?) is a great song.

(In fact, there're a lot of "remember them" type artists on this disk. And it was only the late 90s. Makes me feel old.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSPenguin
 Otherwise I am always good for some Pink Floyd.
You just gained cool points. Growing up I never appreciated Floyd; but the last few years I realized what I was missing out on when I started listening to entire albums rather than the radio tracks.

Something else to check out is a Saturday night/Sunday morning radio show from University of Pennsylvania's radio station that streams online. It's an awesome space music show which I've listened to since freshman year in college. Thank god for the internet. www.starsend.org
Old 08-29-2008, 05:09 AM   #9
Biscuit

Floyd - 'Wish You Were Here' and 'Animals' stay at the top of my list ... Daft Punk ... Hayseed Dixie ...

... and just added a few Knorkator tunes for some reason.
Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 07:03 AM   #10
James.Denholm
Addon ponderer

Kaiser Chiefs and Arctic Monkeys! Not at the same time, though.
James.Denholm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 07:10 AM   #11
liber
Orbinaut

Yngwie J. Malmsteen and others. :beach:

liber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 07:16 AM   #12
simonpro
Beta Tester

My most played list has Basshunter, Cascada, 7cEil, Kleerup and Muse at the top.

At the moment I'm listening to two almbums more than otehrs though:
September - September 2004 (Can't love myself is a super track)
Ramms+ein - Rosenrot (all super) and
Kent - Tillbaka till samtiden (Colombus is cool)

(edit) Actually Generation Ex is probably my favourite on the Kent album.
simonpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 07:31 AM   #13
Urwumpe
Certain Super User

Generally, Heavy Metal (Gamma Ray, Manowar, Blind Guardian, Iron Savior) and Medieval (-inspired) music (Corvus Corax, Schandmaul, Subway to Sally, Rabenschrey).

But I don't listen to this all the time... some variation is good.
Urwumpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 08-29-2008, 07:52 AM   #14
SiberianTiger
News Sifter

In whatever order Winamp maintains my playlist:

Abba; Ace of Base; Adriano Celentano; Aerosmith; Alan Stivell; Алиса; Bach; Blackmore's Night; Боярский Михаил; Clannad; Deep Purple; DDT; Dido; Jean Michel Jarre; Joe Dassin; Paul Mills; Stan Rogers; Loreena McKennitt; Metallica; Nightwish; Notre Dame De Paris tracks; Pink Floyd; Пламя; Рыбников Алексей - Юнона и Авось; Стадион; Roxette; Шостакович Дмитрий, симфония №7; lot of stuff from sovmusic.ru; Sting; U2; Vacuum; Vanessa Mae; Земфира; Тампль; Игорь Чижик, песни про Байконур; Айрэ и Саруман; Вадим Егоров; Ветер Воды; Дольский Александр; Испытание близнецов; Йовин; Крыс и Шмендра; Лита; Мельница; На'Тот; Тол Мириам; Нэнси; Якупов Руст; Тэм; Ягода Гало; Георгий Свиридов; Виктор Цой; Андрей Макаревич; Олег Митяев; Наутилус; Lion King musical tracks; Dean Reed; Songs about Che Guevara; Зоя Ященко и Белая Гвардия

(now totalling 2567 tracks)
SiberianTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 09:00 AM   #15
bujin
Orbinaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy44 View Post
 Well, I've been on an extended Pink Floyd kick for many months, now.
I've been on an extended Pink Floyd kick since I first heard the* PULSE concert in 1994...

If I'm not listening to Pink Floyd, I'm usually listening to David Gilmour's solo stuff. And occasionally, I'll branch out to Evanescence and Weird Al Yankovic. And on very rare occasions, I'll even stick on an Echobelly album.

But at the moment, it's almost all Pink Floyd/David Gilmour. My musical taste is rather limited...

* technically, it's the second time I'd heard Pink Floyd, as I have vivid recollections of Another Brick in the Wall from back when I was around 3 years old. It's one of my earliest memories.
bujin is offline   Reply With Quote

Orbiter-Forum > Far Side of the Moon > Brighton Lounge