Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Support & Bugs > Addon Developer Forums > Space Shuttle Ultra
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Space Shuttle Ultra Support & development threads for Space Shuttle Ultra addon.

Old 06-05-2017, 04:05 PM   #46
Donamy
Beta Tester

My wife would sell me, for half that in cash.
Donamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 10:04 PM   #47
kuddel
Donator
Big Grin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donamy View Post
 My wife would sell me, for half that in cash.
Hilarious! My kind of humor
kuddel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 11:24 PM   #48
Donamy
Beta Tester

It wasn't meant to be funny.

jk
Thanked by:
Old 06-06-2017, 05:36 AM   #49
Thorsten
Orbinaut

It's always reassuring for me to come across things you just can't buy now and then.
Thorsten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 04:04 PM   #50
ItaLiaNKiinG
Orbinaut

Well like I said guys, I'm willing to dish out $400 or so over the course of 3 months for you to improve on SSU, because it has great potential, I know you have families and work but I'm sure $400x3+ would be enough to make time for it, that's about $1200 all together to help improve it..
ItaLiaNKiinG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 04:11 PM   #51
Wolf
Donator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItaLiaNKiinG View Post
 Well like I said guys, I'm willing to dish out $400 or so over the course of 3 months for you to improve on SSU, because it has great potential, I know you have families and work but I'm sure $400x3+ would be enough to make time for it, that's about $1200 all together to help improve it..
I am afraid this is not the spirit that leads Orbiter's developers. And by the way be careful with what you say: the Doctor might charge you $ 100.000 for O2016
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 06-07-2017, 04:47 PM   #52
kuddel
Donator

Quote:
 Well like I said guys, I'm willing to dish out $400 or so over the course of 3 months for you to improve on SSU, because it has great potential
I would suggest that you invest your money into your own education (C++ for example) and contribute directly.
That would be a classic win-win situation.
kuddel is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 06-07-2017, 07:02 PM   #53
dbeachy1
O-F Administrator

I can't speak for the SSU team, but speaking personally, it completely changes the dynamic whenever users pay a developer for something that was previously created as a hobby. At that point it ceases to be just a hobby, because the developer will then feel obligated to deliver (and support) features going forward on a certain time scale (and, conversely, paying users expect that). But the best part about a hobby is being able to work on it whenever you have time instead of "needing to work on it right now because you've been paid something for it."

TL;DR: It ceases to be "just for fun" once users pay you for it.

Anyway, that's just my perspective on it, other developers' mileage may vary.
dbeachy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 06-08-2017, 12:34 AM   #54
ItaLiaNKiinG
Orbinaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
 I am afraid this is not the spirit that leads Orbiter's developers. And by the way be careful with what you say: the Doctor might charge you $ 100.000 for O2016
Is that a threat? Seriously? All I said was I'm sure people could make time for it
ItaLiaNKiinG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 01:04 AM   #55
DaveS
Addon Developer

Quote:
 Is that a threat? Seriously? All I said was I'm sure people could make time for it
Money/funds isn't an issue (at least not for me). It is the ability to sustain enough interest over a sufficient long time to complete the various things.

This is why I keep jumping from project to project when I grow tired of something. Also, then there's the lack of reference materials (photos, images, documents etc) that sometimes get me. It took me six days just to make the RBUS platform on the new FSS and that's just a small part of the FSS.

Right now we're down to only three developers (me, Urwumpe and GLS), so we don't have enough free time to work on SSU 24/7/365.25.
DaveS is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 06-08-2017, 02:03 AM   #56
Donamy
Beta Tester

hmmm, guess I've been kicked off the team. That's ok, Ive been thrown out of better places.
Old 06-08-2017, 02:10 AM   #57
DaveS
Addon Developer

Quote:
 hmmm, guess I've been kicked off the team. That's ok, Ive been thrown out of better places.
Sorry about that. It isn't that I forgot about about you, I just listed the most active developers.
DaveS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 03:37 AM   #58
Donamy
Beta Tester

No problem. I'm here more for eye candy.
Thanked by:
Old 06-08-2017, 07:23 AM   #59
Wolf
Donator

Quote:
No threats. Just trying to be a little ironic, but maybe I am not very good at it...
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 08:30 AM   #60
indy91
Addon Developer

Quote:
 No problem. I'm here more for eye candy.
Now that you have been thrown out of the SSU team, feel free to take a look at the NASSP meshes and launchpads.
indy91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Support & Bugs > Addon Developer Forums > Space Shuttle Ultra

Tags
space shuttle help, space shuttle ultra ssu, tutorial request