Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Web Forum
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Orbiter Web Forum A forum for general Orbiter-related comments and discussion. Post your questions about Orbiter and addons in the appropriate forums below. Upload your Orbiter screen shots to our gallery HERE!

Old 08-07-2016, 05:00 AM   #1036
fausto
FOI SuperMod

The FOI member Aviator send a video to Paolo during its last mission and he asked gin some questions about life and work on the ISS. He sent back a reply video mentioning Forum Orbiter Italia! I can search for the complete video on youtube!

Here:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vJIpb95Ibi0&ebc=ANyPxKrBEyFe6B_eHk2PF0iXH2 kkwZEZq-DvXILeqVJhEQZ60BcJHnN8bfmmmXwScvONtuj7v2e_KtT0SkVj nwT7ZexSp7aXvA

Last edited by fausto; 08-07-2016 at 10:14 AM.
fausto is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 08-30-2016, 08:53 PM   #1039
kuddel
Donator

Funky!
kuddel is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 08-30-2016, 08:55 PM   #1040
martins
Orbiter Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuddel View Post
 Funky!
Or as one of the comments put it: "This is not space music!"
martins is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 08-31-2016, 03:48 AM   #1041
PhantomCruiser
Wanderer

I'm going to want that music to fly to now.

Maybe some other stuff.
PhantomCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 08-31-2016, 02:12 PM   #1042
indy91
Orbinaut

A fun little digression from the work on the Apollo 7+8 release, getting the powered ascent program of the Virtual AGC to work!
indy91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 01:02 PM   #1043
Col_Klonk
Orbinaut
Default BlackMagic's DaVinci Resolve is for free :)

If you want some professional hollywood video editing... here is one package and free.

I have just installed DaVinci. Haven't done much with it (I've only played with Premiere Pro) but it looks like a great package and for free.

I've think I've seen this on a few film sets, as the GUI looks very familiar.

Click download on this site and click the 'free' download on the left hand side, of the popup. You have to register but doesn't ask you for your blood, so not that bad.

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/pro...davinciresolve

Can't wait to play with it.
Col_Klonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 09-04-2016, 01:27 PM   #1044
PhantomCruiser
Wanderer

Wait are we not doing phrasing anymore?

But seriously, I can't wait to see what our most excellent Orbiter filmmakers are going to do with the new version. Thanks for that download link Col. My cinematography skills are worse than awful, but I'll take a look at it.
PhantomCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 06:23 PM   #1046
reverend
Beta Tester

I'm going to be posting some youtube videos of orbiter 2016, wasn't sure if I'm allowed to make a separate thread or not, or if I should just post episodes on this thread?

Orbiter Space Flight Simulator 2016 #1
reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 01:34 PM   #1047
indy91
Orbinaut

Here the result of our small excursion from working on the Apollo 7+8 only NASSP 7.0 release. Lunar Landings are now possible with the Virtual AGC. I started working on this just to test the ignition algorithm of the LGC. And somehow it ended in a month long adventure, working closely with the Virtual AGC developers to find some bugs in the AGC engine and now we can perform landings with the actual AGC version flown on Apollo 11.

The landing programs in the LGC are probably the most complicated operations with the AGC, so it's no wonder that if there were any bugs in the Virtual AGC that they would cause problems. The few bugs we found and were fixed by the Virtual AGC guys were usually some special case in a rarely used AGC instruction. Ones' complement is evil. So during any other program or in the Command Module Computer these bugs would probably have never had any impact. One of the bugs was stealing a lot of machine cycles, which caused 1201 and 1202 alarms that actually were harmful and affected guidance a little bit and no DSKY inputs were possible. But these problems were Virtual AGC issues, not the problem Apollo 11 had with processing rendezvous radar data.

This video was recorded in the experimental NASSP version for Orbiter 2016. There is a lot of things working fine in Orbiter 2016, launching and staging is not among these things. But landing on the Moon apparently works fine.

You will perhaps have noticed, that the inititial altitude difference between the landing radar and the LGC is pretty high. The reason for that is that I have simply pulled over this PDI scenario from Orbiter 2010. In Orbiter 2010 all the bodies are spherical, so the landing site vector in the LGC should have the mean radius of the Moon. Tranquility Base is about one nautical mile below the mean Moon radius and so the measured altitude of the landing radar is different in Orbiter 2016.

The lunar module was distracting us from working on the Apollo 7+8 release, which isn't too far away anymore. But we will be focusing on that work again now.

Last edited by indy91; 09-25-2016 at 01:47 PM.
indy91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 12:06 AM   #1048
boogabooga
Bug Crusher

Very encouraging to see a LM flying over the beautiful new 3D lunar terrain.
boogabooga is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Web Forum