Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Support & Bugs > Addon Developer Forums > Project Apollo - NASSP
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Project Apollo - NASSP Development, support and news for Project Apollo.

Old 12-19-2019, 08:31 PM   #31
indy91
Addon Developer

That looks really great! I'm sure we will be able to add it to NASSP for everyone. Is it already compatible with the animations of the pad?
indy91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 09:11 PM   #32
Jordan
Orbinaut

Yes. All animations work. My model is based on the original NASSP model. But there is still a lot of work to be done. Service Arm 1 is finished, all others have to be modeled. Service Arm 9 with the white room is still the original from NASSP. MLP has yet to be processed. I finished the Holddown Arms today. Some parts in the lower tower have to be corrected etc.

The model is very big at the moment 40mb. But on my pc I have 300-400 fps. Intel i7 6700k Nvidia 1060 6gb 32gb ram.

And that's how it looks in the game

Last edited by Jordan; 12-20-2019 at 06:40 PM.
Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 12-24-2019, 12:29 AM   #33
Jordan
Orbinaut

Update
Added some details on the MLP and created a new texture.

Thanked by:
Old 01-04-2020, 12:30 PM   #34
Cougar
Orbinaut

Happy new Year to you all!

NASSP is the best Orbiter addon - as a matter of fact THE BEST SIMULATION - i know.

The last release was NASSP-V8.0-Beta-Orbiter2016-1482 on the 2019-10-04.

So since 3 months there hasnīt been any newer version published.

Has the development stopped on NASSP - which would make me really sad?

Many Greetings
Rick
Cougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 03:28 PM   #35
indy91
Addon Developer

I have been sidetracked in some development branches for the last few months, so that is the reason why there has been no update from me. And the other people who occasionally contribute things for checklists, 3D models etc. don't have much time at the moment, so that explains why there has been no update on those things either. But at least from my side there has been a lot of progress, it just hasn't made it into the Orbiter2016 branch yet.
Old 01-04-2020, 09:51 PM   #36
Cougar
Orbinaut

Oh, that is so good to hear, dear Indy!

Great news!

Thankīs a lot for your superb work - and a huge thank you to the whole development team of NASSP!!!!

Itīs absolutely the most excellent simulation of such a complex system i have ever seen for Desktop-PCs. Unbelievable!!! TOP TOP TOP!!!

Many Greetings
Rick
Cougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 06:22 PM   #37
Max Pain
Orbinaut

Hi, I have a question: It seems for me that NASSP only works with the old DanSteph OrbiterSound 4.0 release. I have tried to get it to work with XRSound and SoundBridge, however resulting always in CTDs. Given that OrbiterSound 4.0 is not maintained anymore, and there are compatibility issues with Orbiter 2016, are you planning on supporting newer (better maintained) sound interfaces or at least making NASSP work with SoundBridge?

Amazing addon btw.
Max Pain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 07:10 PM   #38
Thymo
AGC nerd

XRSound is slowly being worked on but our code relies heavily on OrbiterSound specific features. Someone has done some testing with XRSound and the compatibility layer in the past with mixed results.

We've got an issue on Github and a WIP pull request.
https://github.com/dseagrav/NASSP/issues/474
https://github.com/dseagrav/NASSP/pull/512
Thymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 02-14-2020, 11:23 AM   #39
Jordan
Orbinaut

New update of the mobile launch pad.
Damper arm is added and animated.
Since I don't know when it will be retracted, I combined it with the Colby Crane.

Last edited by Jordan; 02-14-2020 at 11:41 AM.
Thanked by:
Old 02-14-2020, 03:48 PM   #40
indy91
Addon Developer

Good stuff! I didn't even know about the damper! I checked my Saturn documentation and the primary damper (which it is called in the Saturn countdown documents) is connected after the MSS has been removed, during the countdown hold at T-10 hours. And it is retracted at T-3:38. So rotating it away at the same time as the crane is a good solution for now.
Thanked by:

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Support & Bugs > Addon Developer Forums > Project Apollo - NASSP