Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Visualization Project
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Orbiter Visualization Project Orbiter external graphics development.

Old 02-16-2019, 12:15 PM   #4831
clipper
Orbinaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyeboy View Post
 In "true full screen" though, my anti-aliasing option gets greyed out.

I've tried using my nVidia control panel to add anti-aliasing; but it doesn't seem to have any effect. It's quite possible I'm picking the wrong .exe file? I've tried both "orbiter.exe" and "orbiter_ng.exe" but see no effect. Is there a file in the d3d9 module I need to pick instead for the control panel to over-ride?
AA doesn't work in True Full Screen mode at the moment. I managed to force it in the past using NVIDIA Profile Inspector (note that you should select the .exe in Modules/Server folder when using an external profiler to apply video settings) but it crashes as soon as you open a dialog window. As far as I know, this is a known issue and is not considered a bug.
clipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 05:47 PM   #4832
Kyle_E
Orbinaut

I can't say about the anti-aliasing but as far as the 2D panel, it is because the panels are stored as images and that is the highest resolution it has. If it were stretched by the D3D9 client, it would look squished. The XR series
https://www.alteaaerospace.com has an option for wide screens that extends the panel and adds extra MFDs.
Kyle_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 08:47 PM   #4833
skyeboy
Orbinaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipper
 AA doesn't work in True Full Screen mode at the moment. I managed to force it in the past using NVIDIA Profile Inspector (note that you should select the .exe in Modules/Server folder when using an external profiler to apply video settings) but it crashes as soon as you open a dialog window. As far as I know, this is a known issue and is not considered a bug.
Thanks, for the info, clipper. At least I know there's nothing to be done about that on my end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle_E View Post
 I can't say about the anti-aliasing but as far as the 2D panel, it is because the panels are stored as images and that is the highest resolution it has. If it were stretched by the D3D9 client, it would look squished. The XR series
https://www.alteaaerospace.com has an option for wide screens that extends the panel and adds extra MFDs.
The only option I've found in the configuration file is:

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Define the 2D panel resolution that the XR5 should use.
#
# 0 = Autodetect (default)
# 1 = Use 1280-pixel-wide panels
# 2 = Use 1600-pixel-wide panels
# 3 = Use 1920-pixel-wide panels
#
# The default value is 0 (autodetect).
#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2DPanelWidth=0

In my case setting this to 3 makes no difference; as like you said there isn't a panel bitmap larger than this. However, is there some other configuration or 3rd party option I'm missing?

Thanks again...
skyeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 04:58 PM   #4834
Kyle_E
Orbinaut

Sorry I can't say too much as I don't have a wide screen monitor, however the different panel sizes in the XR fleet should be included by default.
Kyle_E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 05:49 PM   #4835
dbeachy1
O-F Administrator

You can set the Panel scale setting via the Parameters page of the Orbiter Launchpad to scale any ship's 2D panels to fit a given screen resolution. For example, setting Panel scale to 1.25 would make 2D panels 25% larger (the 1920 panel becomes 2400 pixels wide), and setting it to 2.0 is good for a 4k monitor (the 1920 panel becomes 3840 pixels wide).
dbeachy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Visualization Project

Tags
d3d9client, graphicsclient