Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Web Forum
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Orbiter Web Forum A forum for general Orbiter-related comments and discussion. Post your questions about Orbiter and addons in the appropriate forums below. Upload your Orbiter screen shots to our gallery HERE!

Old 10-26-2009, 07:50 PM   #16
TSPenguin
The Seeker

Torrents are normal files...
TSPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:54 PM   #17
Notebook
Donator

That bodes ill, the hard drive failure warning is coming up every 10 minutes now. I'm away from it for a few days, maybe the rest will do it good...

N.
Notebook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 08:54 PM   #18
agentgonzo
Grounded since '09

Maybe a new hard drive is in order. Either way, back up your important data now!
agentgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 09:03 PM   #19
StableIT
Donator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notebook View Post
 Sorry to waste your time, I've put the files and BitTorrent on my laptop and they are downloading and seeding fine. Looks like my Vista box is at fault, its just started telling me the hard drive is about to fail. It did that two years ago, when it was new, and I ignored it. Suppose I'd better start backing things up.

Co-incidence, or do torrent files get into places normal files don't?

N.
No need to be sorry - glad its working!
StableIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 09:04 PM   #20
Notebook
Donator

Yes, new disk, its getting more insistent, every few minutes. It'll have to wait a few days, till I get paid at the end of the month!

Luckily there isn't any data that isn't backed up, so it should be straight forward.

N.
Notebook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 05:07 AM   #21
StableIT
Donator

Quote:
Originally Posted by n72.75 View Post
 rewrite your headers.
You mean on the website where the torrent links are at?

---------- Post added 10-27-2009 at 05:07 AM ---------- Previous post was 10-26-2009 at 09:05 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentgonzo View Post
 I'll start seeding the torrents when they're released as I have a pretty good server on a dedicated 100Mb/s link to the UK backbone.
Many thanks, I've sent you a pm.

Eric
Old 10-29-2009, 10:26 PM   #22
bloodtoes
Orbinaut

Smile

This is excellent news. I will download the release through bittorrent and do my part by keeping my torrents seeding for a while after 2009 releases.

Thank you martins for making this wonderful simulator, for keeping it free, and thank you to the awesome mod developers who keep cranking out new and interesting content through the years.

bloodtoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 02:35 AM   #23
StableIT
Donator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodtoes View Post
 This is excellent news. I will download the release through bittorrent and do my part by keeping my torrents seeding for a while after 2009 releases.

Thank you martins for making this wonderful simulator, for keeping it free, and thank you to the awesome mod developers who keep cranking out new and interesting content through the years.

And thank YOU for the seeding!
Old 11-10-2009, 07:16 AM   #24
StableIT
Donator

Orbiter 2006 .Torrent Release Coming Soon

I'll be forward and make the first joke that my 2006 release is almost in time for next release 1/3 decade later! lol (post jokes at it if you got 'em!)

Beyond that fun, the 2006 files are being posted because I am wanting to promote this site as a deep organic archive, so their footprint, hopefully many more, will be made here.

Anyone who wants to seed before its official opening, the feedback and seeding would be greatly appreciated. Post a reply or send me a message, either way indicating that you wish to seed and once I fill in the last of the links on the torrent directory (a few days) I'll send you the url to the unlisted Orbiter .Torrent Directory.

Again, this round is just to get the 2006 files setup, however this also helps us to prove the system before the next release

Preview of my server with this update:

Many thanks to all the supporters for a wonderfully enjoyable projects birth!
Eric

Last edited by StableIT; 11-10-2009 at 07:40 AM.
Thanked by:
Old 11-10-2009, 11:59 AM   #25
agentgonzo
Grounded since '09

Quote:
Originally Posted by StableIT View Post
 Orbiter 2006 .Torrent Release Coming Soon

Preview of my server with this update:
{image}

Many thanks to all the supporters for a wonderfully enjoyable projects birth!
Eric
Would it be worth having a torrent that seeds everything in one go so that people don't have to download a large amount of torrents? Or perhaps a 'small' and 'large' set that will have the low-res and high-res textures along with the base-install? May make it easier to use

Just a thought.
agentgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 11-11-2009, 04:58 AM   #26
StableIT
Donator

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentgonzo View Post
 Would it be worth having a torrent that seeds everything in one go so that people don't have to download a large amount of torrents? Or perhaps a 'small' and 'large' set that will have the low-res and high-res textures along with the base-install? May make it easier to use

Just a thought.
All in one go: The folder structure is close to this already, so I'll work on adding that into the sites update thats upcoming - Thanks!

Low / High size packs: The sites next update is a few days away and it separates everything into the Orbiter zip file name and content format. This means if you have the zips, you can instantly seed these torrents. This also means that all files are individual so if you want a L7 Earth but a L19 Moon but no other textures, its totally possible to just leech the particular zips - I hadn't offered anything in a bundle like that in the release however this is somewhat similar to some discussions with TSPenguin and I will work to tie this into the next update.

Last edited by StableIT; 11-11-2009 at 05:10 AM.
Old 11-15-2009, 02:25 AM   #27
StableIT
Donator

Site update status:

I had hoped to start the release tonight at the latest however I'm going to keep working on the changes for a few days, I would rather make all the page changes at once, after everything is proper.

Changes:
- Add Orbiter 2006 snapshot, 90% done
- Update theme to new compliance, done
- Convert to new file name format (Orbiter Standard), 90% done
- Add developers & host/seeders portal, 90% done
- Add FAQ section, done

The developers & host/seeders portal is really just a way to log in and communicate with torrent farmers (any hosts/seeds/ect) and other dev's that have torrents listed. There will be sections of the community for different needs to help both hosts/seeds and dev's keep in touch by topic.

Keep in mind that I'm 100% open to developers doing their own torrents and just listing, or listing and seeding them. I'd also like to look at other older files and 'off the beaten path' projects getting their space

Eric

Last edited by StableIT; 11-15-2009 at 03:17 AM.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:18 PM   #28
StableIT
Donator

I've had a number of requests for Moon L11, so I made some time today to finish the Orbiter 2006 area. http://stableit.org/torrent/orbiter-2006/ This page should be finalized moving forward.

Added posted Moon090730_L11.zip to the mix and updated all torrents. The 'all files torrent' should be done shortly as well.

For all hosts, this news post is about LandSAT files, please check it out as it will impact everyone - sorry about that friends!

Note: Moon_L11 is available from the pre-release page linked from http://stableit.org

Last edited by StableIT; 11-25-2009 at 02:59 AM. Reason: added a link..
Thanked by:
Old 11-16-2009, 10:51 PM   #29
orb
O-F Administrator
Ninja

Quote:
 I've had a number of requests for Moon L11, so I made some time today to finish the Orbiter 2006 area. http://stableit.org/torrent/orbiter-2006/ This page should be finalized moving forward.

Added posted Moon090730_L11.zip to the mix and updated all torrents. The 'all files torrent' should be done shortly as well.
Is this for Orbiter 2006 or 2009? I thought Orbiter 2006 has only support for L10 global, and higher levels only as surface base tiles.
orb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 11:59 PM   #30
Peskie
Orbinaut

Quote:
FYI, the Mars L9 torrent link on that page gives me a 404 error. All the other torrent files are fine. I've started seeding the *.zip files I already had on my hard disk.

Note to users of uTorrent: if you are downloading any of these you can use the Advanced tab on the torrent properties dialog to add one or more URLs to the "Web Seeds" section. uTorrent will then also use these URLs to fetch the file, thus speeding up your download. For most files that came from the official orbiter site the URL is of the form http://download.orbit.m6.net/FILE060504_L#.zip. For the Moon090730_L11.torrent; you can add http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/orbitervis/Texture%20files/Moon090730_L11.zip to use SourceForge's mirrors to speed up your download.
Peskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Web Forum

Tags
landsat, orbiter distribution, torrents