Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > OrbitHangar Addons & Comments
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

OrbitHangar Addons & Comments Addons uploaded at Orbithangar.com will automatically generate a new thread in this forum for comments. The thread link will also be included on the addons page.

Old 08-01-2015, 11:18 PM   #46
boogabooga
Bug Crusher

The New Horizons Extended Kuiper Belt mission is up:

New Horizons Kuiper Belt Extended Mission

Interestingly enough, in Orbiter 2014 OS393 seems easy to get to, and 2014 PN70 (the actual back-up target) is impossible.
boogabooga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 01:13 AM   #47
ale131296
Orbinaut

Hey guys, I've downloaded this addon only to have Styx and Kerberos in Orbiter. I was searching for them in orbit hangar but there wasn't any addon but this so I downloaded it. But when I was watching the plutonian sistem with Orbit MFD, I found that the orbital elements for Pluto's moons are wrong. Do you know how to change it?
ale131296 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 07:25 AM   #48
BrianJ
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ale131296 View Post
 Hey guys, I've downloaded this addon only to have Styx and Kerberos in Orbiter. I was searching for them in orbit hangar but there wasn't any addon but this so I downloaded it. But when I was watching the plutonian sistem with Orbit MFD, I found that the orbital elements for Pluto's moons are wrong. Do you know how to change it?
Hi,
to change the orbital elements for a planet or moon, look in your Orbiter/Config/ folder and find the relevant .cfg file, e.g. styx.cfg.
Open the file with any text editor, such as Notepad, and change the orbital elements as required.
BrianJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 10:52 PM   #49
boogabooga
Bug Crusher

IIRC, there was an issue because the smaller moons orbit Pluto in Orbiter, not the combined Pluto/Charon System.
Old 08-28-2015, 11:33 PM   #50
Notebook
Donator

http://pluto.jhuapl.edu/News-Center/...?page=20150828

Quote:
August 28, 2015
NASA’s New Horizons Team Selects Potential Kuiper Belt Flyby Target

Artist's impression of NASA's New Horizons spacecraft encountering a Pluto-like object in the distant Kuiper Belt. (Credit: NASA/Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory/Southwest Research Institute/Steve Gribben)

NASA has selected the potential next destination for the New Horizons mission to visit after its historic July 14 flyby of the Pluto system. The destination is a small Kuiper Belt object (KBO) known as 2014 MU69 that orbits nearly a billion miles beyond Pluto.
Notebook is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 08-29-2015, 03:38 AM   #51
boogabooga
Bug Crusher

I've been waiting for that news.

But, no surprise.
Old 12-16-2019, 07:12 PM   #52
Jeremyxxx
Orbinaut

The New Horizons spacecraft addon needs to have a remake with an new model (to be imported from Celestia Motherlode) http://celestiamotherlode.net/catalo...p?addon_id=913

and an new Kuiper belt addon of Arrokoth.
Jeremyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 04:28 AM   #53
Gargantua2024
Orbinaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremyxxx View Post
 The New Horizons spacecraft addon needs to have a remake with an new model (to be imported from Celestia Motherlode) http://celestiamotherlode.net/catalo...p?addon_id=913

and an new Kuiper belt addon of Arrokoth.
That model was recently updated months ago here: https://celestia.space/forum/viewtop...146257#p146257
Gargantua2024 is offline   Reply With Quote

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > OrbitHangar Addons & Comments