Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > General Questions & Help
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

General Questions & Help General & Advanced Orbiter flight questions, Orbiter installation questions, to all other help topics here.

Old 09-21-2018, 04:26 PM   #1
adamrobbins2018
Orbinaut
Default Earth's Orbit

I'm in LEO in the Arrow Freighter looking at Orbit MFD. I referenced the Sun and I think what I see it showing is my orbit around the Sun. And my problem is this. The MFD is showing my PeA distance to be 67.86 G ???? The ApA looks right. At 148.3 G . The Ecc is .3639?? I don't understand! I thought Orbit MFD would show the Earth's orbit to be closer to being circular at around 149G (93 million miles)? Now I just did a check of this from a vessel on the surface of Earth, and Orbit MFD is showing correct information regarding Earth's ApA and PeA . So I suppose everything is ok. I was worried that my Earth was in a scewed up orbit somehow! I thought maybe because my Orbiter copy is too old! But its ok.
adamrobbins2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 05:20 PM   #2
dgatsoulis
ele2png user

What you were watching was your spacecraft's orbit relative to the Sun, not Earth's orbit. To see the Earth's orbit relative to the Sun you need to press REF: Sun, TGT: Earth.

It makes sense that as your spacecraft orbits the Earth, at somepoints it's moving "backwards" relative to the sun, showing you that "funny" orbit you noticed in Orbit MFD.
dgatsoulis is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > General Questions & Help