Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter SDK
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Orbiter SDK Orbiter software developers post your questions and answers about the SDK, the API interface, LUA, meshing, etc.

Old 05-17-2018, 01:28 AM   #16
hutchison66
Donator

Hi I've had this problem its a .dds problem some forms of the dds format don't work with orbiter I had it on a Destiny module I had to correct it load the texture into Paint.net paint package then resave it don't change anything just over write the texture same name the mesh will appear
hutchison66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 05:00 AM   #17
Trekkie
Starfleet Head of Ship Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS View Post
 The group jobottom01 is the group with the issue, and it has exactly 69292 triangles... I haven't checked the manual, but jarmonik says the limit is 65k... there's your problem.

Select some triangles (maybe the outer band or the center portion) and separate them into another group (choose select faces, select what you want, hit the P key to open the separate menu and P again to choose selection).
aah i see i will try to split them, if that would be the case then i have found the problem for multiple meshes.. i will try it when i get home!

---------- Post added at 05:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutchison66 View Post
 Hi I've had this problem its a .dds problem some forms of the dds format don't work with orbiter I had it on a Destiny module I had to correct it load the texture into Paint.net paint package then resave it don't change anything just over write the texture same name the mesh will appear
that is weird.. i never had that problem.. i always use the .dds DX1 format
Trekkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 05:13 PM   #18
Trekkie
Starfleet Head of Ship Design

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLS View Post
 The group jobottom01 is the group with the issue, and it has exactly 69292 triangles... I haven't checked the manual, but jarmonik says the limit is 65k... there's your problem.

Select some triangles (maybe the outer band or the center portion) and separate them into another group (choose select faces, select what you want, hit the P key to open the separate menu and P again to choose selection).
i got it to work! thank you so much! it indeed were to many Triangles!
Trekkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter SDK