Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Development
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Addon Development Developers post news, updates, & discussions here about your projects in development.

Old 02-25-2009, 09:42 AM   #76
tblaxland
Webmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ursus View Post
 The brushes don't do anything when Hold is turned on.

They've always seemed to work fine when rotation thrust is applied manually or with the vessel's autopilots.
Most bizarre. It obviously wasn't the bug I was thinking of. Unless this is a big problem for you guys I'm not going to spend a lot of time hunting this bug down. I've started re-writing AttitudeMFD to support some new features and the attitude autopilot needs to be re-written as part of that anyway. Hopefully this bug will disappear when I do that. I'm not going to commit to a release date at this stage.
tblaxland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 12:19 PM   #77
trokkes
Orbinaut
Default Preview

SIZE MATTERS!!

The Windmill, the ISS, XR5 and DG4

PS. Last textures send

Last edited by trokkes; 02-25-2009 at 02:29 PM. Reason: adding image
trokkes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 07:00 PM   #78
Drake
Addon Developer

Quote:
 Hmmm... there's a name for a vessel... "The Pink Pearl"
Hee hee, sounds like a ship for Capt. Jack Sparrow...

Quote:
 Shouldn't be a problem... http://icovd.sourceforge.net/license/

(Ooh... I really need to update that site, including the above page... so many projects and sub-projects...)
Thanks! Even though the license allowed it, I thought it would be rude to presume, so thank you very much! I'll start a thread about it.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 08:56 PM   #79
Peskie
Orbinaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by tblaxland View Post
 You should still get some rotation though. Attached is a rebuilt module with the enum corrected, see if that works for you.
I'm getting zero rotation and zero RCS activity. I had incorrectly assumed that they did something funny with the RCS since they had custom prograde/retrograde/etc auto-pilots; silly me.

I'll try the AttitudeMFD you provided (thanks!) and let you know but I'm guessing it won't change anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tblaxland View Post
 @Peskie, does AttitudeMFD display the attitude errors correctly? That is, if you pitch up 10 from the velocity vector, does it show +10 pitch? Similarly for yaw and roll?
Yes it does. It shows the error and the current rates; in fact I was using this display to manually attempt to keep the correct attitude but it gets hard at 100x

-----Post Added-----

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagineer View Post
 I set it up with standard RCS groups so I am uncertain why AttitudeMFD is having problems. I do not normally use AttitudeMFD so I had not noticed.
Okay, good to know. Sorry about my incorrect assumtions.

Quote:
 The "hold this attitude relative to my oribital velocity vector" mode is an interesting idea.
If I can get AttitudeMFD to work it wouldn't be required unless yours works better under time compression. The nice thing with AttitudeMFD is that it does work well at 100-1000x and I have the source code so I could always add a "cheat" mode if I wanted .

Quote:
 This is a known bug. The autopilot is not coupled to the collection system yet. We'll get there.
Oh yeah, I appreciate this is only beta. I didn't see this limitation listed in the testing notes so I figured I'd mention in case it slipped in or I was misunderstanding it.

Quote:
 This is a known limitation. The autopilot does not take dt into account yet. It is currently tuned for a bandwidth of 0.00065 Hz, so if the simulation dt exceeds 770 seconds then stability cannot be garanteed.
Do you mean a time step of 0.770 seconds? That's good to know the number, when I try to push the time warp I often have the Orbiter performance monitor running so I can monitor the time step and having a target to stay near is good. FYI, I've flown it quite a bit at ~1.3-1.5 second time steps with only minor issues.

Quote:
 There is a fair amount of work left which I will get to in my copious spare time.
Well it's coming along quite nicely, thanks for all the hard work!
Peskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 02:35 AM   #80
Ursus
Rocket Tinker

Ok... the new textures have been put up and a new package created.

https://sourceforge.net/project/show...kage_id=237101

I'm still kind of working out the release scheme. I'm thinking of alternating between "unstable" and "stable" release numbers... so 0.3 is "unstable". Right now, it's almost identical to the last update of 0.2 (which was actually unstable too), except for the updated mesh and textures, but patches are expected to follow. 0.4 would be "stable". It would be virtually identical to final update of 0.3 (maybe even exactly identical) and would stay that way. 0.5 would start out being not-too-different from 0.4, and may or may not just be a patch that goes on top of 0.4...
Ursus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 10:14 AM   #81
trokkes
Orbinaut
Exclamation

Quote:
 Ok... the new textures have been put up and a new package created.

https://sourceforge.net/project/show...kage_id=237101
In the mesh folder there are more files than necessary. I think you forgot delete them
Because of that the zip has double size than the last release.
trokkes
Old 02-26-2009, 05:34 PM   #82
Ursus
Rocket Tinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by trokkes View Post
 In the mesh folder there are more files than necessary. I think you forgot delete them
Because of that the zip has double size than the last release.
trokkes
Oops... looks like I copied some old, OLD blender files to the distribution tree by mistake when I was copying the mesh over.

I put up a new distro file. The incompatibility with the AttitudeMFD hold mode is also fixed in this one.

For folks who already downloaded yesterday's version, I put up a dll-only zip file also. Those extra files shouldn't hurt anything except by taking up a little space on one's hard drive. (And the user may safely delete anything that ends with .blend or .blend1 from your Meshes directory... At least if it starts with "ICOVD1", "TunnelAttach" or "ussrsalabama" *#%!... Should've "exported" rather than just drug the files over.)
Old 02-26-2009, 09:40 PM   #83
Peskie
Orbinaut

The 0.2 zip files had the textures in Textures/ICOVD1/*.dds. But now in the 0.3 they now appear to be directly in Textures/*.dds. This seems to be a step backwards (or a mistake).
Peskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 09:50 PM   #84
trokkes
Orbinaut
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peskie View Post
 The 0.2 zip files had the textures in Textures/ICOVD1/*.dds. But now in the 0.3 they now appear to be directly in Textures/*.dds. This seems to be a step backwards (or a mistake).
yep, it's a mistake.
the textures have to be in Textures/ICOVD1.
Move them there.

Sorry for the inconvenience. Tomorrow ursus upload another update, i suppose. This will be the good one . Promise.

Trokkes
Old 02-26-2009, 09:56 PM   #85
Scarecrow
Orbinaut

Quote:
Ah ha! I was just about to complain about broken textures. After fixing that, it's all better now. And the visible docking ports are a vast improvement. All we need now is to have them lit, like on the ISS.
Scarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 10:46 PM   #86
Ursus
Rocket Tinker

Quote:
Aack! ICOVDWindmill_0.3beta090226a.zip is now up. Just put those files in their place, so if you moved the files yourself, there's no need to D/L it again.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:03 AM   #87
Ursus
Rocket Tinker

I've defined some marker beacons in the dll and updated the "working release" (patch090327 goes on top of beta090226a or whichever version of 0.3 you already have). Now if we can figure out how to tweak the textures to make the windows emissive...Oh, yeah... and the reactors will now stop if they run out of fuel.

Hmmm... maybe I did a little too good of job of getting the dark side of the ship.
Attached Thumbnails
markerbeacons.png  

Last edited by Ursus; 03-27-2009 at 09:22 AM.
Old 03-28-2009, 11:50 PM   #88
Frogisis
innn spaaaaace...ace...ace...!

I just tried this out - It's pretty amazing. I really like seeing a ship that matches the various "spaceplanes" in terms of internal detail. It looks great, too. I especially like all the little windows and the welded look of the hull.
Frogisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 09:55 AM   #89
Ursus
Rocket Tinker

Quote:
 Now if we can figure out how to tweak the textures to make the windows emissive...
If I were doing it, I'd make the current texture transparent where the windows are, and put an emissive mesh behind them, (Well, I guess I sort of did do it.) unless someone has a better idea.
Attached Thumbnails
LumBackIllus.jpg   LitWindows.jpg   LitWindows-DarkSide.png  
Old 04-08-2009, 02:29 AM   #90
Ursus
Rocket Tinker

Here I go, talkin to myself again...

I went ahead and lit the windows on the central habitat. I think I'll go ahead and put the updated mesh and textures in the repository. If Trokkes has any other work he wants to do on the mesh, he can either import the mesh into his editor or re-do the little tweaks I performed. It's actually pretty simple.

I keep wonderin' if I ought to flip the "up" direction on the "fun docks" so the docking craft's instrument panel doesn't get in the way of the view. I really ought to put some clearance markers around the edge of the bow plate, too.
Attached Thumbnails
ApproachLit.png  

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Development