Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Development
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Addon Development Developers post news, updates, & discussions here about your projects in development.

Old 06-07-2017, 11:40 PM   #61
1987VCRProductions
Orbinaut

Due to technical difficulties, there will be no release this week. Whenever I go out of town, I make a copy of my most recent Orbiter installation to take with me so I can continue the work on my laptop. Upon reaching my destination, I learned that the file wasn't done saving when I disconnected the drive from my computer, as such it was corrupted and unusable. All my work should still be safe on my main computer at home but I will be unable to work on this again until I return home in a few days.
1987VCRProductions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 05:22 AM   #62
1987VCRProductions
Orbinaut

I added launch scenarios for the ATM-B and Resupply Module for Skylab B.
Thanked by:
Old 06-12-2017, 07:45 AM   #63
4throck
Enthusiast !

If you need/want to redistribute the meshes for Skylab-B and support vessels, go ahead, that's fine for me
4throck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 08:09 PM   #64
1987VCRProductions
Orbinaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4throck View Post
 If you need/want to redistribute the meshes for Skylab-B and support vessels, go ahead, that's fine for me
Thank you 4throck, though I don't think that will be necessary. The only meshes I'm redistributing are a few problem meshes from Velcro Rockets and Velcro Saturns. I do have ini files made for Skylab missions 6-8 but I do not have scenarios set up for them. The Skylab B scenarios that I'm including are derived from the Skylab B missions that I've been flying. I did make some changes to the launches since I had Zarya docked to the station and I was also using the built out LC-39 with pads C-E. I've moved the launches of those flights to pads A and B and I've removed Zarya from the station. The AMSO Canaveral base file that I am including does have base coordinates for a built out LC-39 and I will include some pointers in the read-me of how to use those pads.

Last edited by 1987VCRProductions; 06-12-2017 at 08:12 PM.
Old 06-13-2017, 03:41 PM   #65
barrygolden
Orbinaut

Looking forward to seeing these fly, any release time frame ?

You might look to put some of the DOD shuttle payloads on the S 1b with or with out an upper stage.

I did see the S1C 015 yesterday and they claim it as for APOLLO 19 but really it was built for APOLLO 20. S1C 013 used for Skylab and S1C 014 was the APOLLO 19 booster

if you do a Skylab addon there is a really good Skylab MMU ready to go

Last edited by barrygolden; 06-13-2017 at 03:43 PM. Reason: adding
barrygolden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 12:00 AM   #66
1987VCRProductions
Orbinaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrygolden View Post
 Looking forward to seeing these fly, any release time frame ?

You might look to put some of the DOD shuttle payloads on the S 1b with or with out an upper stage.

I did see the S1C 015 yesterday and they claim it as for APOLLO 19 but really it was built for APOLLO 20. S1C 013 used for Skylab and S1C 014 was the APOLLO 19 booster

if you do a Skylab addon there is a really good Skylab MMU ready to go
I originally wanted to release this a month ago, then a week ago. I'm really not sure. The best time frame I can give you for release is either a couple weeks from now or a couple months from now. Unless I die or WWIII happens, this add on will come out this year.

I have seen the Saturn V that's on display at the Kennedy Space Center back in 2011. I would love to see it again and maybe finally get to see a Space Shuttle up close.

I have no plans to do a stand alone Skylab add on. If you want some good Skylab add ons, check out Skylab1973 and Skylab1980 by usonian and check out 4throck's Skylab B Pack. Now, if you were wondering if I was going to release my personal scenarios for the custom Skylab B missions that I'm flying, then I'm not sure. It would require a lot more add ons than just the ones required for the standard Skylab B Pack. My Orbiter 2010 install is highly customized.

---------- Post added 06-14-17 at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was 06-13-17 at 11:56 PM ----------

The only DoD payload I intend to launch is the Magnum spy satellite. I can't sit on this add on any longer because the longer I do, the more things I want to add to it. It's also eating up my time and motivation for completing the Apollo 12 and Apollo 14 soundpacks I've been making for literally years now.
Thanked by:
Old 08-18-2017, 07:28 AM   #67
1987VCRProductions
Orbinaut

Default In the final stages now.

I added the final planned scenarios for this add-on, launches of TDRS, Magnum, and OrbiComm satellites on Saturn-IB/Centaurs. The only things left to do are small things like scenario descriptions, documentation, and the packaging of files into a zip folder for distribution.

Last edited by 1987VCRProductions; 08-18-2017 at 07:30 AM.
Old 09-06-2017, 11:59 PM   #68
barrygolden
Orbinaut

you might look at some DOD payloads to launch
Old 09-11-2017, 02:30 PM   #69
4throck
Enthusiast !

Looking forward to this. Skylab B needs a rocket

I know that you are working on payloads, but don't worry much about that.
Go with the venerable probe or something that's simple and get it done

I think that was part of the appeal of the Velcro add-ons. They were generic.
People will then customize your Saturns to specific missions, and that's great !
Old 09-18-2017, 08:57 PM   #70
barrygolden
Orbinaut

you might look at doing Apollo 5 using the Spider LM it works with 2016 you would need to remove the legs though
Thanked by:
Old 09-19-2017, 10:59 AM   #71
4throck
Enthusiast !

The LEM from Skylab B should work (it's spacecraft4), and it has no legs
Thanked by:
Old 10-12-2017, 03:43 PM   #72
1987VCRProductions
Orbinaut

I used the LM from the AAPO add on. I wanted something that had both a DPS and APS engine, the key is pretending that the legs aren't there. The Apollo 5 mission tested DPS burns and the throttling of that engine, plus the fire in the hole abort where the APS is ignited a split second before the bolts are fired to separate the stages. The APS engine was then reignited and burned until the fuel ran out.

I think I posted screenshots earlier of Skylab B atop a Saturn V rocket. I also set up launch scenarios for the ATM-B and Resupply Module.
Thanked by:

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Development

Tags
aapo, apollo, multistage 2015, saturn