Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Visualization Project
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Orbiter Visualization Project Orbiter external graphics development.

Old 09-06-2018, 01:55 PM   #4576
Ripley
Tutorial translator

Just a little headsup for the dev team to a problem with Titan HiRes
https://www.orbiter-forum.com/showth...&postcount=511
Ripley is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 09-16-2018, 07:59 PM   #4577
Rambler
Orbinaut

Dumb question. I upgraded to the latest stable d3d9client last night, and I'm having an issue with the city night lights. They are much dimmer and more orange than in the version I was using before (can't remember what version it was). Is there a way to tweak the lights to get them brighter and change the color?
Rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2018, 10:12 AM   #4578
fred18
Addon Developer

Hi guys, maybe you had to answer this a lot of time but I can't find it.

I just noticed that the goodies (my fault, after 100000 trials by myself...) has a very simple custom camera setup. But to reproduce it the files OGCI.h and OGCI.cpp are needed, I can't find them anyway, can I have an hint on that? does that work also on orbiter2016?

Thank you in advance!
Fred
fred18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 09:28 PM   #4579
kuddel
Donator

The OGCI.h and OGCI.cpp were present in the Orbiter 2010(-P1) packets of D3D9Client.
The current (Orbiter-2016 & -BETA) packets of D3D9Client have replaced them with a slightly different set of gcAPI.h, gcConst.h and Sketchpad2.h.
The sample code in the D3D9-Goodies.zip file seems to be based on Orbiter 2010 I think.

I might find the time in the next couple of days to create some packages that compile with the Orbiter-BETA...[*]

[*] The current version of D3D9Client however has introduced a nifty little bug, that will render the World "quite strange" once you've activated the custom camera, though
That regression slipped into the code when Jarmo implemented the great "Vessel Shadows" feature.
As of now he had not found the time to fix that, so you might have to switch back to an earlier revision of D3D9Client to use the "Custom Camera" feature.

..stay tuned for further updates

Last edited by kuddel; 10-10-2018 at 09:38 PM.
kuddel is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 10-11-2018, 09:48 PM   #4580
kuddel
Donator

So here it is: The Camera MFD for Orbiter 2016 & Orbiter BETA

But as I said: As this MFD uses the Camera API (obviously), it shows the ugly little regression that has been introduced to the latest D3D9Client builds.

As a matter of fact, some other issues had to be fixed in the D3D9Client code,
so attached you'll also find the according latest builds for them.

In the CameraMFD.zip you'll find a dll for either Orbiter 2016 or Orbiter BETA labeled accordingly.

! ! ! ! !
Again, these D3D9Client builds still have the "weird world when custom camera is used" bug!
So you can use it and see what it's like, but don't think these are official releases.
! ! ! ! !

Good night, have fun looking at the code

Edit 2018-10-12: The attached D3D9Client packages have been removed due to post #4592
Attached Files
File Type: zip CameraMFD.zip (45.0 KB, 19 views)

Last edited by kuddel; 10-12-2018 at 08:26 PM.
Thanked by:
Old 10-12-2018, 03:36 AM   #4581
Abdullah Radwan
Addon Developer

CTD with Camera MFD using the compiled version for Orbiter 2016 and the provided D3D9 build. When I open the MFD, the program freezes then crash. It's a clean Orbiter installation, just D3D9, and CameraMFD.
Attached Files
File Type: log Orbiter.log (15.7 KB, 2 views)
Abdullah Radwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 03:57 AM   #4582
Donamy
Beta Tester

It crashes when I select it.
Donamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 08:34 AM   #4583
kuddel
Donator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdullah Radwan View Post
 CTD with Camera MFD using the compiled version for Orbiter 2016 and the provided D3D9 build. When I open the MFD, the program freezes then crash. It's a clean Orbiter installation, just D3D9, and CameraMFD.
Hmm, I can not see anything unusual in your log. Everything looks O.K.

As I have currently no clue, here's the CameraMFD for Orbiter 2016 again (this time build with Visual Studio 2017).

Maybe this works better ( at all )...
Attached Files
File Type: zip CameraMFD (2016) - vs2017-build.zip (11.8 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by kuddel; 10-12-2018 at 08:36 AM.
Old 10-12-2018, 08:42 AM   #4584
fred18
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuddel View Post
 Hmm, I can not see anything unusual in your log. Everything looks O.K.

As I have currently no clue, here's the CameraMFD for Orbiter 2016 again (this time build with Visual Studio 2017).

Maybe this works better ( at all )...
this link is reported as invalid attachment. Anyway if I use your compiled version it crashes, but if I compile the code it works nicely.

question, do the custom cameras work also on vessels different than the one in focus? If so, this would be a tremendous addition to my space network... if jarmo fixes the world bug (please jarmo )
Old 10-12-2018, 11:47 AM   #4585
jarmonik
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred18 View Post
 question, do the custom cameras work also on vessels different than the one in focus? If so, this would be a tremendous addition to my space network... if jarmo fixes the world bug (please jarmo )

Currently, custom cameras are tied to a focus vessel on a line 1701 in Scene.cpp. I don't know what happens if that "safety check" is removed. It depends on how the planetary surface manager (i.e. tile manager) is tied to the main camera and focus vessel. Also a distant vessels do not have a visual. So, there are a lot of potential problems.

A bug fix for a custom camera issue has been uploaded. Not sure if that addresses all the issues.
jarmonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 10-12-2018, 02:50 PM   #4586
fred18
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarmonik View Post
 Currently, custom cameras are tied to a focus vessel on a line 1701 in Scene.cpp. I don't know what happens if that "safety check" is removed. It depends on how the planetary surface manager (i.e. tile manager) is tied to the main camera and focus vessel. Also a distant vessels do not have a visual. So, there are a lot of potential problems.
I see, I tried to tie manually the custom camera to a vessel not in focus but it just CTDs... I also think that for you it's not at all a high priority point, and that is understandable. I tried to have a look at the code of D3D9 to see if I could try to implement it manually but my only guess was to make another visual in parallel for the vessel I want the custom camera for, and then use that, but that's too difficult for me to go there, I have no specific knowledge of the D3D9 code, so I'll just wait, maybe one day this feature will be available.
Thanked by:
Old 10-12-2018, 05:34 PM   #4587
kuddel
Donator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarmonik View Post
 A bug fix for a custom camera issue has been uploaded. Not sure if that addresses all the issues.
It surely fixes the "weird world when custom camera is used" bug

It's funny how minute this fix was/is
Old 10-12-2018, 05:37 PM   #4588
Abdullah Radwan
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuddel View Post
 It surely fixes the "weird world when custom camera is used" bug

It's funny how minute this fix was/is
Where I can find the update?
Abdullah Radwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 10-12-2018, 06:59 PM   #4589
kuddel
Donator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdullah Radwan View Post
 Where I can find the update?
On my local hard drive

But seriously: I like to hold back the release a bit as there might be some more little fixes that might need to be included. But it won't be too long (a day or two max.). I will post the next releases here ASAP.
Old 10-12-2018, 07:02 PM   #4590
jarmonik
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred18 View Post
 I see, I tried to tie manually the custom camera to a vessel not in focus but it just CTDs...

Just to clarify, that it's permitted to have a custom cameras in a non focus vessels but they are not producing a video feed. Currently a live feed can only come from a focus vessel. This, of course, could be easilly extended to any near-by vessel. Where "near-by" means about 100m to 100km depending on camera altitude.

I have only tested the custom camera interface with a camera MFD (using a multiple instances in multiple vessels), so, bugs may exists those are not catched with that test.
jarmonik is offline   Reply With Quote

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Visualization Project

Tags
d3d9client, graphicsclient