Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter-Forum.com > Announcements
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Announcements Orbiter-Forum Staff Members will post announcements about the website here.

View Poll Results: Which skin (style) do you use the most?
Default 17 36.96%
Apollo (Fixed) 2 4.35%
Apollo (Fluid) 2 4.35%
Dark Nights 7 15.22%
M6 Classic 1 2.17%
Orbiter 5 10.87%
Orbiter-Forum 9 19.57%
White Pages 3 6.52%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2017, 04:00 AM   #16
Andy44
owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
 
Andy44's Avatar
Default

Dark Nights.

Much easier on my eyes. Plus I'm forced to look at MS email and Word, etc. at work all day in the default scheme, so a changeup is nice.

---------- Post added 10-25-17 at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was 10-24-17 at 11:59 PM ----------

Also: Tex? You're back on the staff again, huh? Interesting.
Andy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 10-25-2017, 11:17 AM   #17
Tex
O-F Administrator
 
Tex's Avatar

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy44 View Post
 Dark Nights.

Much easier on my eyes. Plus I'm forced to look at MS email and Word, etc. at work all day in the default scheme, so a changeup is nice.

---------- Post added 10-25-17 at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was 10-24-17 at 11:59 PM ----------

Also: Tex? You're back on the staff again, huh? Interesting.
Thanks for the feedback Andy. Yep, I'm just helping out since I've found the time lately.
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 10-25-2017, 11:27 AM   #18
Face
Beta Tester
 
Face's Avatar

Default

White Pages is my favorite. I've just retried them all, and that's the one I still like the most. All the dark ones are hard to read for me.
Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 11:47 AM   #19
Xyon
Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
 
Xyon's Avatar



Default

I previously used Dark Nights, but I found some time back that I favour the Orbiter skin as it's a little more aesthetically pleasing to me. I'm a creature of darker skin preferences too.
Xyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 02:34 PM   #20
MaverickSawyer
Acolyte of the Probe
 
MaverickSawyer's Avatar
Default

I use Orbiter. Can't recall why I chose that one, but it stuck.
MaverickSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 04:25 PM   #21
llarian
Orbinaut
 
llarian's Avatar
Default

Odd, but for as long as I've been involved in this community, I had not heard of the other available skins. Not only that but when I went looking it was quite the chore to find them. Until recently I had just used the default, but was quite pleased with Dark Nights. It seems easier on older eyes. Poll might be somewhat flawed though if more members are not even aware of the availability of other skins.
llarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 04:36 PM   #22
dbeachy1
O-F Administrator
 
dbeachy1's Avatar


Default

Well, presumably any members who voted in this poll would have first tried the other skins if they didn't know they existed yet.
dbeachy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 01:10 AM   #23
Tex
O-F Administrator
 
Tex's Avatar

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by llarian View Post
 Odd, but for as long as I've been involved in this community, I had not heard of the other available skins. Not only that but when I went looking it was quite the chore to find them. Until recently I had just used the default, but was quite pleased with Dark Nights. It seems easier on older eyes. Poll might be somewhat flawed though if more members are not even aware of the availability of other skins.
This is a sticky thread in this forum. Lots of useful info there.

https://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=13976
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 04:12 AM   #24
Abloheet
Addon Developer
 
Abloheet's Avatar
Default

I also use the Orbiter Skin, but voted Dark Knights by mistake. Anyway to change that? Dark knights isn't bad though
Abloheet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 01:19 PM   #25
Tex
O-F Administrator
 
Tex's Avatar

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abloheet View Post
 I also use the Orbiter Skin, but voted Dark Knights by mistake. Anyway to change that? Dark knights isn't bad though
I fixed it for you.
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 11:44 PM   #26
Andy44
owner: Oil Creek Astronautix
 
Andy44's Avatar
Default

Also, I vote to change the name of Dark Nights to "Dark Knight".

Andy44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 11-05-2017, 03:59 PM   #27
statickid
CatDog from Deimos
 
statickid's Avatar
Default

Oops, I guess I use "White pages" but I thought it was default because I've been using it for so long! Can mine be changed too? -1 Default, +1 Whitepages
statickid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 08:49 PM   #28
Xyon
Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional
 
Xyon's Avatar



Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by statickid View Post
 Oops, I guess I use "White pages" but I thought it was default because I've been using it for so long! Can mine be changed too? -1 Default, +1 Whitepages
I've updated the poll to reflect this.
Xyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 11-06-2017, 11:12 PM   #29
orb
O-F Administrator
Ninja
 
orb's Avatar

Default

I've been using "Apollo (Fixed)" continuously since its testing phase (and because it's great for checking excessive signature sizes ), with short switches to other skins when I needed to test visibility of text in different colors. I usually have time for visiting forums rather in evening, so I prefer skins with dark backgrounds (I had previously used "Orbiter", when Apollo didn't exist).
orb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 02:54 AM   #30
Michkov
Orbinaut
Default

I'm using Apollo (fluid). I find it perfect for browsing the forum in the middle of the night with the grey colours being easier on the eyes than the other dark skins. I'd hate to loose the skin.

While we are at the topic what is the difference between fixed and fluid skins? I've never noticed any difference for the two Apollos.
Michkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

  Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter-Forum.com > Announcements


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:00 PM.

Quick Links Need Help?


About Us | Rules & Guidelines | TOS Policy | Privacy Policy

Orbiter-Forum is hosted at Orbithangar.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2007 - 2017, Orbiter-Forum.com. All rights reserved.