Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Visualization Project
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Orbiter Visualization Project Orbiter external graphics development.

Old 04-08-2015, 08:41 AM   #3136
Face
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuddel View Post
 Codeplex seems to have some other problems, too. The 'issues' pages are full of 'Free Movie' Spam...
Which is kind of embarrassing that Microsoft is not able to protect their product from such "attacks".
I don't know how long the downtime will be. Let's hope, not to long.
With the chinese attacks on GitHub last week, this looks suspiciously like a broadside against open source hosters. I wonder when Bitbucket will get into the fire...
Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 10:39 AM   #3137
jarmonik
Beta Tester

There seems to be some problems on CodePlex, also the D3D9Client's issues page seems to be spammed. Nothing seems to be happening there so, maybe the guys are still on the holidays. I have send a message to the CodePlex staff so we need to wait now.
jarmonik is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 04-08-2015, 02:54 PM   #3138
Ripley
Tutorial translator

With jarmo's permission, I've (hopefully temporarily) uploaded them here:
http://www.tuttovola.org/index.php?a...wnloads;cat=64
Ripley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 06:34 PM   #3139
jarmonik
Beta Tester

The CodePlex site appears to be online now. Right now, there is no way to cleanup the Issues tab. It's possible to close the issues but there is no delete option available. Closing would leave the spam hanging around in a closed state, so, I would prefer something better. I would presume that the site staff is working on a way to remove them, so, let's leave the issues alone until a better solution is available.
Thanked by:
Old 04-10-2015, 09:17 PM   #3140
kuddel
Donator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarmonik View Post
 The CodePlex site appears to be online now.
Extended Easter Holidays over at Redmond, it seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarmonik View Post
 ... I would presume that the site staff is working on a way to remove them, so, let's leave the issues alone until a better solution is available.
Right. It's a pitty these issues 'hang around' there, but nothing too deadly.
Did you get any information from CodePlex or did you just tried?
The reason I'm asking is, because you/we might have to request a 'cleanup' maybe.

Nevertheless, at least the site is back online again.
kuddel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 02:02 PM   #3141
Abloheet
Addon Developer

Default Bug Report

In the latest version of D3D9client for beta, contrails still dont appear below sphere zero level. This issue is fixed in the inline client, but not so the d3d9 client
Abloheet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 01:28 PM   #3142
DaveS
Addon Developer

I think I have asked this in the past but never received an answer on it:

Would it be possible to increase the display resolution of MFDs in VC mode? It seems like the MFD display resolution is much lower (256x256, I think) than in the generic "glass cockpit" mode (1024x1024, I think).
DaveS is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 05-05-2015, 02:56 PM   #3143
Abloheet
Addon Developer

Any news about d3d9 client development?
Abloheet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 07:11 PM   #3144
kuddel
Donator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abloheet View Post
 Any news about d3d9 client development?
See: http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthr...&postcount=585
kuddel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 07:38 AM   #3145
jarmonik
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveS View Post
 I think I have asked this in the past but never received an answer on it:

Would it be possible to increase the display resolution of MFDs in VC mode? It seems like the MFD display resolution is much lower (256x256, I think) than in the generic "glass cockpit" mode (1024x1024, I think).
There is nothing we can do about it. Even to have a change it would require a severe hacking and lot of time and in the end it's not guaranteed to work. I would really like to see MFD screen quality improved as well and I would recommend to have a word with Martin about it.
Thanked by:
Old 05-20-2015, 12:07 AM   #3146
Felix24
Orbinaut

Here is a build for testing.

Translucent effects have been added for textured surfaces. As an example, ISS solar arrays are now translucent, allowing sunlight to shine through and illuminate from behind. The effect is triggered when _transm.dds and/or _transl.dds textures are present.

_transm.dds (transmittance) texture behaves similar to a specular map, but provides a hot spot on the surface directly between the sun and the camera, as if the sun is shining through.

_transl.dds (translucence) texture behaves like a diffuse texture, except it is lit from behind.
Attached Files
File Type: zip D3D9Client-20150519.zip (367.1 KB, 52 views)
Felix24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 02:39 PM   #3147
-Pv-
Orbinaut

I don't get this part when reading the D3D9Client Documentation:

The two symbolic links in /Modules/Server/ folder for "Config" and "Sound" folders point (or link) to their "originals" located in the root folder of the Orbiter installation.
If you are using Windows XP or newer and your installation is on a
 NTFS NTFS
filesystem, these links can easily be created from Video Tab -> Advanced Setup.

Under the regular Video Tab of the Orbiter (Orbiter_NG) Launchpad you find the "Advanced" Button that will show the "D3D9Client Advanced Setup" Dialog. Here you can change several settings to tweak your experience with the D3D9Client.

-----------------

Q:
When I run the orbiter_ng.exe from the Orbiter installation directory (the launcher is titled "Server", there is no button or Tab named "regular Video Tab"

Also, there is no "Video Tab -> Advanced Setup." when I run orbiter_ng.exe.

The closest thing I can find is "Visual Effects" and there is no "Advanced" there.

I have extracted the contents of the D3D9Client zip provided here into the identical folder locations in the Orbiter Installation directory.

If the instructions in the document are referring to another application, it's not clear to me which application is being referenced.

I thought I was as smart as the typical computer user, but these instructions are not connecting the dots for me. There seems to be an assumption I should know something I do not. Since there are a lot of people using this client, I must be a LOT more stupid than I thought.

-Pv-
-Pv- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 02:40 PM   #3148
DaveS
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Pv- View Post
 I don't get this part when reading the D3D9Client Documentation:

The two symbolic links in /Modules/Server/ folder for "Config" and "Sound" folders point (or link) to their "originals" located in the root folder of the Orbiter installation.
If you are using Windows XP or newer and your installation is on a NTFS filesystem, these links can easily be created from Video Tab -> Advanced Setup.

Under the regular Video Tab of the Orbiter (Orbiter_NG) Launchpad you find the "Advanced" Button that will show the "D3D9Client Advanced Setup" Dialog. Here you can change several settings to tweak your experience with the D3D9Client.

-----------------

Q:
When I run the orbiter_ng.exe from the Orbiter installation directory (the launcher is titled "Server", there is no button or Tab named "regular Video Tab"

Also, there is no "Video Tab -> Advanced Setup." when I run orbiter_ng.exe.

The closest thing I can find is "Visual Effects" and there is no "Advanced" there.

I have extracted the contents of the D3D9Client zip provided here into the identical folder locations in the Orbiter Installation directory.

If the instructions in the document are referring to another application, it's not clear to me which application is being referenced.

I thought I was as smart as the typical computer user, but these instructions are not connecting the dots for me. There seems to be an assumption I should know something I do not. Since there are a lot of people using this client, I must be a LOT more stupid than I thought.

-Pv-
You need to activate the D3D9Client module from the Modules tab.
Old 06-06-2015, 02:50 PM   #3149
-Pv-
Orbinaut

I did that first thing. I get a dialog:
Entry Point Not Found...

The Procedure point "[email protected]@@QBENXZ could not be located...

-Pv-
-Pv- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2015, 02:53 PM   #3150
DaveS
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Pv- View Post
 I did that first thing. I get a dialog:
Entry Point Not Found...

The Procedure point "[email protected]@@QBENXZ could not be located...

-Pv-
This means that you have installed the wrong D3D9Client version. The version that goes with Orbiter 2010 P1 (100830) is D3D9Client R15. The Beta versions are for the Beta versions of Orbiter.

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Visualization Project

Tags
d3d9client, graphicsclient