Antares is an expendable launch system developed by Orbital Sciences Corporation (now part of Northrop Grumman) and the Yuzhnoye Design Bureau to launch the Cygnus spacecraft to the International Space Station as part of NASA's COTS and CRS programs. Able to launch payloads up to 7,500 kg into low-Earth orbit, Antares is currently the largest rocket operated by Northrop Grumman.
It has flown 13 times as of October 2020, and has launched 11 Cygnus resupply spacecraft into the orbiting laboratory (three were launched aboard Atlas V's and one was lost in a pad explosion).
- Antares/Cygnus update by donamy
- Orbital ATK Cygnus DS2 by donamy
- NG 10 SS JohnYoung by donamy
- Multistage2015 - for Orbiter2016Â by fred18
- Damage Module by bigmac
- Earth Level 11 (Part 9) by martins for the textures around Wallops Island
- Countdown timers start immediately at the beginning of the scenario. All WAVs end shortly after 2nd stage ignition
- The MS2015.ini files has been updated, and the Antares's stages no longer "ram" each other during separation
- On its maiden flight (Antares A-ONE) you can't control the Cygnus spacecraft once it is jettisoned from Antares (because it's just a dummy payload in real life)
- The explosion during Flight 5 (Cygnus Orb-3) is also included in the simulated scenarios
- Wallops Island has been updated to align the LP-0A mesh into the terrain.
- If you downloaded the optional Earth Hi-Res texture, make sure to turn off "surface elevation" so that there are no weird non-existent "mountains" appearing within the area
- See the Statistics.txt for the info on when the launch audio starts from the countdown
- Future update will replace the default ISS with Donamy and Thorton's ISS for Orbiter 2016
- Supported Orbiter Version