.dll Question Compiling ShuttleA Sample in 2014 Beta

flyer

Reaction score
Hi there,

I have tried searching for an answer, but cannot find one specific enough for me!

Is anyone able to compile the ShuttleA sample code in the latest Orbiter 2014 Beta? I have tried and unfortunately I can't get ShuttleA.dll to compile.

The first problem was that orbitersdk.h could not be found which was solved with the help of the following thread:

http://www.orbiter-forum.com/showthread.php?t=24417

Thanks to orb, orbitersdk.h is now located...

But now I get the following errors:

Code:
------ Build started: Project: ShuttleA, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
2>------ Build started: Project: ShuttleA_PL, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>  attref.cpp
2>  ShuttleA_pl.cpp
1>  ShuttleA.cpp
2>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets(990,5): warning MSB8012: TargetPath(C:\Games\Orbiter Beta\Orbiter 2014 Beta\Orbitersdk\samples\ShuttleA\ShuttleA_PL\Debug\ShuttleA_PL.dll) does not match the Linker's OutputFile property value (c:\Games\Orbiter Beta\Orbiter 2014 Beta\Modules\ShuttleA_PL.dll). This may cause your project to build incorrectly. To correct this, please make sure that $(OutDir), $(TargetName) and $(TargetExt) property values match the value specified in %(Link.OutputFile).
1>ShuttleA.cpp(27): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'InstrVs.h': No such file or directory
1>  ShuttleALua.cpp
2>     Creating library C:\Games\Orbiter Beta\Orbiter 2014 Beta\Orbitersdk\samples\ShuttleA\ShuttleA_PL\Debug\ShuttleA_PL.lib and object C:\Games\Orbiter Beta\Orbiter 2014 Beta\Orbitersdk\samples\ShuttleA\ShuttleA_PL\Debug\ShuttleA_PL.exp
2>  ShuttleA_PL.vcxproj -> C:\Games\Orbiter Beta\Orbiter 2014 Beta\Orbitersdk\samples\ShuttleA\ShuttleA_PL\Debug\ShuttleA_PL.dll
1>  adiball.cpp
1>  adictrl.cpp
1>adictrl.cpp(14): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'paneltext.h': No such file or directory
1>  auxpodctrl.cpp
1>  hudbutton.cpp
1>  Instrument.cpp
1>  InstrVs.cpp
1>c1xx : fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'InstrVs.cpp': No such file or directory
1>  mfdbutton.cpp
1>  navbutton.cpp
1>  needlepair.cpp
1>needlepair.cpp(13): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'paneltext.h': No such file or directory
1>  paneltext.cpp
1>c1xx : fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'paneltext.cpp': No such file or directory
1>  rcsswitch.cpp
1>  sliderpair.cpp
1>  Generating Code...
========== Build: 1 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

So from what I can see, InstrVs.h, InstrVs.cpp, paneltext.h and paneltext.cpp cannot be found. The strange thing is that InstrVs.h and *.cpp are in the DeltaGlider Source folder. Even stranger is that a quick search reveals paneltext.h and *.cpp are not anywhere in the beta.

I can understand the paneltext.* files not being found, but why are InstrVs.* not found? Should I manually copy them to the ShuttleA sample directory?

If this is simply an "it's a Beta" issue then I will say no more other than to request that martins update these files in whatever way needs to be done. I was really hoping to maybe add a small function to the ShuttleA.

Cheers all

martins

Orbiter Founder
Orbiter Founder
Reaction score
Website
orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk
Sorry, it seems that those new files have been left out of my packager list. I'll include them for the next beta.