Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addons
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Addons A repository for Orbiter addons contributed by users. Developers & members may announce new releases here and discuss any Orbiter addon.

Old 11-04-2008, 11:23 AM   #1
yagni01
Addon Developer

Default Orb:Connect version1.0 released

This version contains a brand-new subscription service (thanks to Hielor), along with some minor enhancements. See the changelog in doc/OrbConnect for details.

The subscription service allows your client to ask once for an Orb:Connect command, and then the data will be sent from Orb:Connect repetitively from 1 to 20 times per second with no further action needed, cutting network traffic by more than half.

Orb:Connect dll:
Orb:Connect v1.0

Orb:Connect Sources:
Orb:Connect v1.0 C++ Project
yagni01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 08:04 PM   #2
alrik
Alrik

Thumbs up

Really great news about this project. I will try it soon as posible.

Thank you all!!
alrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 08:44 PM   #3
Messierhunter
Orbinaut

I know very little about coding so please bear with my lack of knowledge, but will it be possible to use this in the future to get the hull temperature state of an XR class vessel?
Messierhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 10:12 PM   #4
yagni01
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messierhunter View Post
 I know very little about coding so please bear with my lack of knowledge, but will it be possible to use this in the future to get the hull temperature state of an XR class vessel?
Two ways; you can calculate them yourself, which would work for any vessel, or you can wait until/if dbeachy exposes those temps through the XRVesselCtrl interface. That would be an enhancement request for Doug. Adding the resupply systems for fuel and LOX is on that list, so its a matter of what his priorities are. I would also like to see them.

Orb:Connect was intended to be primarily a way to externalize the Orbiter API, so not many values are calculated therein. Hielor donated an accel and vaccel function along with the subscription enhancement, and if others donated methods I would consider adding them to the package.
Old 12-11-2008, 11:39 PM   #5
Zatnikitelman
Wandering lonely as a cloud

Will Orb:Connect ever offer a way of controlling the thrusters and engines other than with Killrot, Prograde etc.?
Zatnikitelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 01:13 AM   #6
yagni01
Addon Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatnikitelman View Post
 Will Orb:Connect ever offer a way of controlling the thrusters and engines other than with Killrot, Prograde etc.?
It can use SetThrusterGroupLevel(2), IncThrusterGroupLevel(2) plus the XR vessel engineState methods.

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addons