Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Web Forum
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Notices

Orbiter Web Forum A forum for general Orbiter-related comments and discussion. Post your questions about Orbiter and addons in the appropriate forums below. Upload your Orbiter screen shots to our gallery HERE!

Old 02-25-2017, 08:47 AM   #1081
boogabooga
Bug Crusher

Messierhunter, I've always wanted to do that.
boogabooga is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 03-01-2017, 03:10 PM   #1082
reverend
Beta Tester

Back again! In this week's episode we start off at our ressurected Mir space station in lunar orbit and we fly the stock DeltaGlider down to Brighton Beach!

reverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 04:04 PM   #1083
Messierhunter
Orbinaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogabooga View Post
 Messierhunter, I've always wanted to do that.
From now on when I track a launch I'm going to take a screenshot of my GPS location on my phone for later comparison to Orbiter. I did that with the CRS-10 launch, but it was so cloudy that I only saw the first few and the last few seconds of the launch/landing, so there's not much to compare it to. It's still useful for showing a comparison of the sonic boom timing with the landing, which I'm currently working on. Hopefully the next daytime LZ1 landing is on a perfectly clear day so that I can track it with the scope from launch to landing.
Messierhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 01:26 PM   #1084
reverend
Beta Tester

Another one! Today we leave the DG behind and jump in the ShuttleA for a quick local flight at Brighton Beach, followed by an ascent, alignment, and sync for getting back to Moon Mir!
Thanked by:
Old 03-08-2017, 04:13 PM   #1085
Messierhunter
Orbinaut

Not entirely Orbiter, but Orbiter and the excellent Falcon9R V1.2 and telescope MFD mods did play a vital role in allowing me to approximate the timing of the sonic booms from the last Falcon 9 landing:
Messierhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 03:24 AM   #1086
reverend
Beta Tester

New One!
Old 03-14-2017, 02:43 PM   #1087
indy91
Orbinaut

This video shows the Apollo 15 lunar landing, flown with NASSP 8.0 Alpha in Orbiter 2016. As always the Virtual AGC is used, running the Luminary 1E software, which was flown in the Lunar Module computer (LGC) of Apollo 15 to 17. As in my previous Apollo 11 video the whole process from Powered Descent Initiaton to post-landing is shown, this time also with some annotations.

Highlights of this video are the amazing terrain, the Montes Apenninus, the Mons Hadley massif and the LM flying directly over Mons Hadley Delta. During the landing Hadley Rille can bee seen in the background. Highlight in terms of NASSP development is certainly to see Luminary 1E (specific version number Luminary 210) working. Luminary 1E can use a terrain model to translate the landing radar measurements to state vector updates and by flying over the 11,000 feet Mons Hadley Delta this terrain model is certainly necessary. Luminary 1E is one of the new LGC versions that became available for the Virtual AGC project through the LGC developer Don Eyles, who had a bunch of these 1700 pages listings in his private collection.

Also for the first time the Rate-of-Descent (ROD) mode, Program 66, is demonstrated. This mode was used for all actual lunar landings. It's a computer assisted mode, with a switch used to control the descent rate, which the computer then translates into throttle commands for the Descent Propulsion System (DPS). When no joystick inputs are done then the LM is in attitude hold in the ROD mode. The astronauts also could have performed a fully automatic landing with the computer or a fully manual landing.
indy91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 03:53 PM   #1088
Tex
Webmaster

In case you missed it, here is the latest in my Earth to Mars series that is coming to a close. Enjoy this one. Exciting (hopefully) finale coming soon!

Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 07:45 PM   #1089
dgatsoulis
Orbinaut

Lagrange MFD 1.0 LEO to E-M L1

Please watch with captions on. I decided to get rid of the mic recording because the quality was crappy.

dgatsoulis is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 04-18-2017, 08:11 PM   #1090
Tex
Webmaster

The official trailer for my upcoming feature film is out!

Tex is offline   Reply With Quote

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Space Flight Simulator > Orbiter Web Forum