Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > OrbitHangar Addons & Comments
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

OrbitHangar Addons & Comments Addons uploaded at Orbithangar.com will automatically generate a new thread in this forum for comments. The thread link will also be included on the addons page.

Old 01-12-2017, 05:46 PM   #226
Tex
Webmaster

No criticism intended. I should have noticed the obvious requirements you put on OHM. I simply didn't read that. I saw Launch MFD for Orbiter 2016 and I was like, "yep, I know what that is...downloading immediately!"
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 04:30 AM   #227
qbit
Orbinaut

I'm trying to use LaunchMFD on the moon with the Delta Glider. I set an escape course back to Earth with TransX. When I target LaunchMFD to TransX, everything looks good. I launch and enable the auto pilot. Ascent is good. Then at 6 km it suddenly goes vertical and just keeps going in this direction forever. Makes a huge orbit, and the TMEC counter basically stops counting down (counts very slowly). It's supposed to launch into an orbit of 20 km based on what I set in TransX. I've got this to work great when launching from Earth.

Am I doing something wrong or was it not designed to be used on the Moon? I've tried doing it with 10% throttle, and it does the same thing at about 6 km altitude.

Thanks,
Paul

Edit: I got it working. I was apparently still going too fast at what I thought was 10% throttle. Also, sorry if this should have gone into the general MFD questions forum.

Last edited by qbit; 03-21-2017 at 04:51 AM.
qbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 06:40 AM   #228
Enjo
Mostly harmless

Quote:
Originally Posted by qbit View Post
 Edit: I got it working. I was apparently still going too fast at what I thought was 10% throttle.
Yep, you nailed it. The same thing goes for Mars, proportionally to the planet's gravitational acceleration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qbit View Post
 Also, sorry if this should have gone into the general MFD questions forum.
No, it's perfectly fine.
Enjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > OrbitHangar Addons & Comments