Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter-Forum.com > Announcements
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Announcements Orbiter-Forum Staff Members will post announcements about the website here.

Old
Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional

Default Orbiter Forum Paypal Account Status
by Xyon 09-17-2015, 04:40 PM

Hello folks,

We are currently experiencing some problems with PayPal due to some technicalities in their regulations and the laws they operate under.

The forum is registered as a business in Australia, and through generous donation we have now exceeded a PayPal balance of $1,000 AUD. This has prompted PayPal to demand more information about our "business" and caused us all a bit of a headache. We are currently preparing the documentation they've asked for, however, we are unable to present it in time to prevent PayPal suspending the forum account.

What does this mean for the board? Nothing, in the short term. I am managing the forum server costs from my own funds for now. It will however prevent us from receiving donations until the matter is resolved, which will perhaps be the only visible indication that all is not well. Forum life will continue as normal during this period.

The staff would like to again thank you all for your generous support, and to reiterate that the problems with PayPal are not caused by having no money in it, but by having too much. We will, again, present figures at the end of the year and highlight the suspension periods for those interested.
Views 6900 Comments 2
Total Comments 2

Comments

Old 12-28-2015, 01:01 AM   #2
Xyon
Puts the Fun in Dysfunctional

Hello again folks,

It's taken a little longer than I would have liked, but I can now confirm that normal service has resumed on the forum PayPal account. We are once again able to accept donations and pay our bills from the central account.

Many thanks for your patience throughout the somewhat confusing period of unavailability, and a happy new year to you, too!
Xyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 07:27 PM   #3
asullivan
Donator

Ha!

I'm glad its fixed, cuz I just made a donation! Before I stumbled upon this thread!

Now back into outer space where I belong!

Alex

Last edited by asullivan; 01-05-2016 at 07:28 PM. Reason: secret stuffy
asullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter-Forum.com > Announcements