Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Far Side of the Moon > Spaceflight News
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Spaceflight News Share news, stories, or discussions about government and private spaceflight programs; including ESA, ISS, NASA, Russian Space Program, Virgin Galactic, & more!

Old 03-21-2017, 12:23 AM   #16
Nicholas Kang
Spaceflight News Reporter

New date:

Static Fire: March 26
Launch: March 29 (1659 - 1929 EDT)

This first stage will attempt a 2nd landing on the ASDS, first time every in Spacex' s history. Wishing them all the best!

And mission patch is out!
Nicholas Kang is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 03-21-2017, 04:53 PM   #17
Kyle
Armchair Astronaut

NET March 29th due to range conflict from the Atlas V with Cygnus.
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 03:33 PM   #18
Kyle
Armchair Astronaut

Payload is being encapsulated. Strongback is currently vertical on LC-39A. Processing appears to be going well for this historic launch!
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 09:13 PM   #19
barrygolden
Orbinaut

Yes I too wonder why NASA pays millions to Space X and Boeing to built two manned spacecraft when had they taken that money and spent on Orion and used a Delta 4H The US would be flying astronauts to the ISS but then when something happens who's to blame ? well it will be Elon Musk and some low level exc at Boeing who are in hot water not NASA. " We didn't do anything wrong but we'll get someone fired and problem solved."

NASA's plan too use the SLS seems like a joke to me. with 14 SSME and no engine program and a launch rate of 1 every 8 years that means it might launch once then those guy's will retire and then we'll need another launch to test out the 1st test then the those's guys will retire and the other 6 SSME will be sent to museums because their too old to use. Now that's NASA's plan as of today.

Yes one should be paid when you have a good idea as I was when I told the Army to leave the heater covers on our Hellfire missiles so the sand would not blind the seeker heads . It made our AH 64's pretty effective in the gulf war.
barrygolden is offline   Reply With Quote

Orbiter-Forum > Far Side of the Moon > Spaceflight News