Orbiter-Forum  

Go Back   Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Development
Register Blogs Orbinauts List Social Groups FAQ Projects Mark Forums Read

Addon Development Developers post news, updates, & discussions here about your projects in development.

Old 02-15-2012, 11:59 PM   #1186
sitha241
Orbinaut

Tnx Icedown :D also I am having a problem and dont know where to post it..sometime when I am playing orbiter cursor just vanish :/ like just 5 min ago when I was implementing your advice, and I had to pres alt f4 yust prior to T3 :/
sitha241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:10 PM   #1187
MaverickSawyer
Acolyte of the Probe

Question

OK, two questions, a comment, and a tip:
Questions:
1. What's the coordinate for the bottom of the nose wheel? I am trying to integrate the G42 into kulch's Heavy Steam Catapult, and I need that coordinate.
2. Is there any chance you could add thrust reversers like the Concorde's for backing up on the ground without outside support?

Comment:
Taxiing is a pain in the . You need to throttle up to about 46-49% dry thrust just to keep moving, and to about 60% to break loose and start moving.

Tip:
Put the wings into reentry mode while taxiing. You take up less tarmac.
MaverickSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 02-24-2012, 06:03 AM   #1188
PrestonJames
Orbinaut

Moach, I am trying to add an attachment point to the g42's front landing gear so it can be towed. Can you tell me the coordinates right above the front wheels when the gear is deployed?
PrestonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 06:36 PM   #1189
Moach
Crazy dude with a rocket

hey there - sorry for the lower-than-desirable attendance lately, real life is getting at it again, you know how it is....

my able time seems to make itself available over some bizarre cycle for some reason...

anyways, coordinates for the gear touchdown points are defined by the following code:
Code:
#define V3_TOUCHDOWN_C _V( 0.0,      -5.16009, 34.7891)
#define V3_TOUCHDOWN_L _V(-5.25783, -5.74195, -4.22095)
#define V3_TOUCHDOWN_R _V( 5.25783, -5.74195, -4.22095)

simple enough right?

cheers! -
Moach is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 02-27-2012, 06:08 PM   #1190
MaverickSawyer
Acolyte of the Probe

OK, next question: How big is the payload bay? in other words, what's the biggest diameter and length module you can fit in the bay?
MaverickSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 12:49 PM   #1191
Gr_Chris_pilot
DGIV Captain

Any updates-news on this project?
Gr_Chris_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:51 PM   #1192
Moach
Crazy dude with a rocket

i'm afraid little of interesting things have happened in the last few weeks.... you know, real life, as usual, getting in the way

i'm sure i'll find myself with some able time at hand soon enough, 'til then... just thinking up new ideas and trying to keep my head somewhere i can see it (lest it flies away)

this project is very much alive nonetheless... and it has come to my attention the newer releases of the D3D9 graphics client already support the much needed specular/emissive mapping features i was hoping for - and hey, that's very very good news
Old 04-28-2012, 05:15 PM   #1193
Dumbrarere
Orbinaut
Thumbs up HOT!!!

That is one hot looking spacecraft! You are god!!

One question though, is it possible you can make a passenger varient of this spacecraft?
Dumbrarere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:13 PM   #1194
PrestonJames
Orbinaut

A quick question for anyone who flies the g42: which autopilots (if any) are you using for reentries? I haven't been able to find one that can handle it without making it a wilder ride than my manual reentries.
PrestonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:15 PM   #1195
Cras
Spring of Life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrestonJames View Post
 A quick question for anyone who flies the g42: which autopilots (if any) are you using for reentries? I haven't been able to find one that can handle it without making it a wilder ride than my manual reentries.
Glideslope
Cras is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 05-02-2012, 01:40 PM   #1196
Moach
Crazy dude with a rocket

autopilots?? why?

i usually just use a steady hand and aerobrakeMFD - maybe with a little help from attitudeMFD to help keep the nose still during early interface

but ok, i reckon a proper autopilot would be the next big thing to do, right? now, if only i could spare some able time to pull that off....

which reminds me... there's a bunch of stuff i need to reinstall on that home rig since the last major upgrade - stuff like 3dsMax and MSVC are still missing (formatting is a drag, is it not?)

no data was lost - the contents of my now deprecated 80gb drive are safely stored on the bigger ones, and all G42-related stuff is dropboxed, so no worries there

btw - i just got back from vacation... i had some hopes of getting work done on the '42 during it, but with the upgrade and all i got pretty much sidetracked

not sure when i'll be able to get more progress on this... but i'll keep you posted - project ain't dead

Old 05-02-2012, 04:13 PM   #1197
Hlynkacg
Aspiring rocket scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moach View Post
 autopilots?? why?

i usually just use a steady hand and aerobrakeMFD - maybe with a little help from attitudeMFD to help keep the nose still during early interface

but ok, i reckon a proper autopilot would be the next big thing to do, right? now, if only i could spare some able time to pull that off....
I'd rather see payload management, and perhapse UCCGO support than an autopilot. As you say, with a steady hand and the proper MFDs who needs it?
Hlynkacg is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 05-02-2012, 04:18 PM   #1198
Cras
Spring of Life!

Well, the most pressing matter I see with this vessel is getting certain MFDs to work with it. The way it handles the engines, certain MFDs just dont work with it, like BurnTimeCalc, because it doesnt think you have any engines.

And in case anyone was wondering, AutoFCS does not work at all with this.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:51 PM   #1199
zerofay32
Buckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hlynkacg View Post
 I'd rather see payload management, and perhapse UCCGO support than an autopilot. As you say, with a steady hand and the proper MFDs who needs it?

I second payload management. With this, the bird begins to do more then just look good.

Those that can't manually re-enter, land, rendezvous, and launch (needs MFDs to tell them what to do) can all wait.

(My opinion is, if you cant do a mission on with the default MFDs, default autopilots, and maybe one other MFD; you need more practice in the Delta Glider. This ship demands to be hand flown.)
zerofay32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Old 05-02-2012, 05:15 PM   #1200
Cras
Spring of Life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerofay32 View Post
 (My opinion is, if you cant do a mission on with the default MFDs, default autopilots, and maybe one other MFD; you need more practice in the Delta Glider.

I take exception to that.

Orbiter-Forum > Orbiter Addons > Addon Development